We are excited to announce the release of version 6.0 of our PCI driver package. This release includes major improvements and breaking changes to our 5.x driver package. These changes include:
- A simplified, lightweight package – The size of the package has been reduced to include only relevant and updated libraries and code examples. Firmware is no longer included by default and are separate .deb/.rpm packages that can be sent upon request.
- A modern build system – Our driver and libraries are now built with CMake.
- Open source licensing – Our Linux driver is now licensed as GNU GPL 2.0 and our user space libraries and applications are BSD 3-clause.
- Deprecated legacy product support – Support for our legacy products has been deprecated. These products will continue to be minimally supported by our 5.x, bi-annual driver package releases. A complete listing of products supported by the 6.0 package is listed here.
- Deprecated support for legacy OS’s – The driver will no longer support Solaris, VxWorks, Apple, pre-3.10 Linux kernels, and Windows prior to version 10.
- Deprecated support for 32bit Windows – The driver will only support 64bit Windows systems.
Our team is happy to support your transition to this new version of the driver. Please send your questions to email@example.com.