MIL-STD 1553B serial interface for SBus
The S53B-1 is a discontinued product, and is no longer supported. This information is is provided for reference only.
- Sun SPARCstation compatible
- Error insertion and detection capabilities
- Supports minimum 4 microsecond intermessage gap and RT response
- Single SBus slot
- Powerful real-time bus controller scheduling capabilities on board
- Simultaneously acts as single or multiple Remote Terminal (RT) Bus Controller (BC) and Bus Monitor (BM)
- Supports all mode codes for dual redundant operation
- Extensive built-in test facility including continuous monitoring of transmitted data
- Device drivers for Solaris 1.x (SunOS 4.1.x) and Solaris 2.6+ (SunOS 5.x)
The S53B-1 provides a complete single slot MIL-STD 1553B interface for SBus computers. The 1553B interface is a 1 Mbit per second serial bus interface, used where reliability in extreme environments is essential. The S53B-1 initializes as a single RT, after initialization the application program can configure the card as required.
The S53B-1 uses an on board SPARC processor and can be reprogrammed for any 1553 protocol. The S53B-1 supports the full standard but may be configured to detect any standard command or sub-command as illegal.
A standard SunOS loadable device driver for the SPARCstation is included with the S53B-1. The S53B-1 is provided with an FCodes PROM for identification and initialization. A graphical (X-windows based) bus analyzer and example programs are also provided.
EDT provides several levels of customer support, from phone consultation to custom design of hardware, software, or FCode drivers, at hourly rates.
Occupies one standard SBus slot
Dimensions: 3.3″ x 5.780″ x 0.5″
Weight: 6 oz
Primary and secondary 1553 interface:
– AMP 222153 3 Concentric Triax connector
– SBus interface: Fujitsu FCN-2341PO96-GO connector or Hondo PCS-96MD connector
For mating connectors, contact AMP (800-522-6752) and Trompeter Electronics (818-707-2020).
Back panel switch selects Direct or Transformer coupled
Temperature: Operating, 10° to 40°C; non-operating, -20° to 60°C
Humidity: Operating, 20% to 80% noncondensing at 40°C; non-operating, 95% noncondensing at 40°C
Data memory: 128 kBytes
Interrupt: SBus level 2
5 volts 2A
Drivers for Solaris 1.x (SunOS 4.1.x) and Solaris 2.x (SunOS 5.x)
Each item marked with a service mark, trademark, or registered trademark is proprietary to its respective manufacturer.