LVDS or RS422 interface
- 33 LVDS / RS422 input/output signals
- Transfer rates up to 90 megabits per second using a single channel; 64 megabits per second using all 16 channels
- Provides 16 high-speed DMA channels between LVDS or RS422 devices and a PCI computer
- Fast transfers using a 66 MHz 32-bit PCI
- Configuration file for 16 synchronous serial channels
- Telecom receiver or transmitter
- Monitoring serial data communications
- Ground station support
The LVDS / RS422 is a mezzanine board for the PCI SS or PCI GS main board, and provides 33 differential LVDS or RS422 signals. The signals can be inputs or outputs in groups of four signals (two channels). The function of each signal is determined by the FPGA configuration file used on the main board.
The main board is supplied with FPGA configuration files that implement 16 synchronous serial channels. Each channel inputs or outputs a data signal on the edge of the associated clock. The data is stored in or sent from host memory using the main board’s PCI DMA. This configuration provides a simple, flexible solution for data acquisition, communication, and monitoring applications.
This board is an alternative to the newer LVDS-E / RS422-E mezzanine board, which can also work with the PCIe8 LX main board, has an option for E1/T1, and provides the possibility of switching between ECL, LVDS and RS-422 versions of the board with no programatic differences in your application. There are some minor programmatic differences between the -E and non -E versions however, so care should be taken when re-ordering to ensure compatibility with existing applications.
When ordering, specify which main board (PCI SS or PCI GS ) and signal levels (LVDS or RS-422). For other options, see the data sheet [pdf].