DR11W parallel interface for Sbus
The S11W is a discontinued product, and is no longer supported. This information is is provided for reference only.
- Sun SPARCstation Compatible
- Single SBus Slot
- Rates to 8 megabytes per second
- Supports SBus 1 6-byte Burst mode
- Supports all standard DR11W Modes except byte writes
- Supports additional buffered block modes with internal FIF0
- Programmable Configurations
- 4 Gigabyte DVMA Addressing
- Up to 250ns per 16-bit word DR11 Cycle Time
- Device drivers for Solaris 1.x (SunOS 4.1.x) and Solaris 2.6+ (SunOS 5.x)
The S11W provides a high speed single slot parallel interface for SBus computers. The parallel interface conforms to the Digital Equipment Corp. DR11W. This interface is used for computer to computer or computer to device connection where speed is essential. The S11W will support 8 Megabyte per second transfers to computers which can support that rate.
The S11W may be used to enable the transfer of data to or from the SPARCstation. Typical applications include graphics displays, A-D and D-A converters, disk drives, and control systems.
A standard SunOS loadable device driver for the SPARCstation is included with the S11W. The driver provides access to the S11W through standard and asynchronous read and write system calls. Continuous transfers are implemented with asynchronous I/0.
The S11W is provided with a minimal FCodes PROM for identification only. User FCode PROMS may be developed for specific applications.
- Precision impedance cables in 7, 25, and 50 foot lengths
- Cable adapters
- Loopback diagnostic connector kit
2, 4 and 16 byte transfers
32 bit Memory
25 MHz clock rate
Level 5 interrupt
Fujitsu FCN-2341P096-GO connector or Honda PCS-96MD connector
- Programmed I/O, DMA block transfer, DMA non-block transfer
- Maximum 8 megabytes/sec transfer speed (depends on device, host load and block size)
- Block transfer FIFO-512 bytes in and 512 bytes out
- AMP 787190-8 high-density 80-pin – mates with AMP 749621-8, backshell 749196-2 (manufactured by AMP, 1-800-522-6752)
- Programmable control signals (defaults to DR11W standard)
- Programmable handshake timing
- Positive data polarity
- Jumpered override of busy polarity software switch
Temperature: Operating, 10° to 40° C; non-operating, -20° to 60° C
Humidity: Operating, 20% to 80% noncondensing at 40° C; non-operating, 95% noncondensing at 40° C
Single standard SBus slot
Dimensions: 3.3″ x 5.78″ x 0.5″
Weight: 6 oz
2A @ 5 volts
Software drivers for Sun OS, versions 4.x and Solaris, versions 2.x
Standard read/write system call support
Asynchronous I/0 support for continuous transfers
Each referenced service mark, trademark, or registered trademark is proprietary to its respective manufacturer.