16-bit I/O interface for Sbus
The S16D is discontinued, and is no longer supported. The information on this page is provided for reference only.
- Sun SPARCstation compatible
- Single SBus slot
- Continuous input or output
- Rates to 10 megabytes per second
- Supports Sbus 16-byte burst mode
- Supports buffered block modes with internal FIFO
- Programmable control signal configurations
- 4 gigabyte DVMA addressing
- Device drivers for Solaris 1.x (SunOS 4.1.x) and Solaris 2.6+ (SunOS 5.x)
The S16D provides a high-speed, 16-bit, continuous data I/O interface for SBus computers. This interface is used for computer to device connection where speed and continuous processing are essential. The S16D will support transfers of 10 megabytes per second to computers or devices which can support that role.
The S16D can be used to enable data transfer to or from the SPARCstation. Typical applications include A-D and D-A converters, and video systems.
A standard SunOS loadable device driver for the SPARCstation is included with the S16D. The driver provides access to the S16D through standard and the S16D is provided with a minimal FCodes PROM for identification only. User FCode PROMS may be developed for specific applications.
- Precision impedance cables in 7, 25, and 50 foot lengths
- Cable adapters
- Loopback diagnostic connector kit
2, 4 and 16 byte transfers
32 bit memory
25 MHz clock rate
Level 5 interrupt
Fujitsu FCN-2341P096-GO connector or Honda PCS-96MD connector
- 10 Mbytes/sec continuous transfers to or from host memory
- 8 Kbyte FIFO
- Programmable clock edge polarity
- Positive data polarity AMP 787190-8 high-density 80-pin (mates with AMP 749621-8, backshell 749196-2 – manufactured by AMP, 1-800-522-6752)
- In DMA input mode, the 16 data outputs may be used for device control
- In DMA output mode, the 16 data inputs may be used for device status
Temperature: Operating, 10° to 40° C; non-operating, -20° to 60° C
Humidity: Operating, 20% to 80% noncondensing at 40° C; non-operating, 95% noncondensing @40° C
Single standard SBus slot
Dimensions: 3.3″ x 5.78″ x 0.5″
Weight: 6 oz
2A @ 5 volts
Software drivers for Sun OS, versions 4.0.3 and 4.1
Standard read/write system call support
Asynchronous 1/0 support for continuous transfers
Each item marked by a service mark, trademark, or registered trademark is proprietary to its respective manufacturer.