16-bit I/O interface for PCI
The PCI 16D has been discontinued and is no longer available. The information on this page is provided for use by existing customers, however our ability to provide ongoing support is limited.
- Single PCI bus slot
- Continuous input or output
- Rates to 10 megabytes per second
- Supports buffered block modes with internal FIFO
- Programmable control signal configurations
- 4 gigabyte DVMA addressing
- Device drivers for Windows and Linux
The PCI 16D provides a high-speed, 16-bit, continuous data I/O interface for PCI computers. This interface is used for computer to device connection where speed and continuous processing are essential. The PCI 16D will support 10 megabyte per second transfers.
The PCI 16D may be used to enable the transfer of data to or from the host computer. Typical applications include A-D and D-A converters, telemetry systems, and video systems.
Device drivers for supported operating systems are included with the board, as well as several utility and example programs and a C language interface library. The driver provides access to the PCI 16D through standard system I/O calls.
- Precision impedance cables in 7, 25, and 50 foot lengths
- Cable adapters
- Loopback diagnostic connector kit
PCI Bus Compliance
- 10 MBytes/sec continuous transfers to or from host memory
- 128 byte FIFO
- Programmable clock edge polarity
- Positive data polarity
- AMP 787190-8 high-density 80-pin connector (mates with AMP 749621-8, backshell 749196-2 – manufactured by AMP, 1-800-522-6752)
- In DMA input mode, the 16 data outputs may be used for device control
- In DMA output mode, the 16 data inputs may be used for device status
Temperature: Operating, 10° to 40° C; non-operating, -20° to 60° C
Humidity: Operating, 20% to 80% noncondensing at 40° C; non-operating, 95% noncondensing at 40° C
Single standard PCI bus slot
Dimensions: 3.3″ x 5.78″ x 0.5″
Weight: 6 oz
2A @ 5 volts
Device drivers for Linux and Windows
Standard read/write system call support
Asynchronous I/O support for continuous transfers
To order, contact our sales department or your distributor. Be sure to specify which cable will be needed (if any).
Each item marked with a service mark, trademark, or registered trademark is proprietary to its respective manufacturer.